This summer, the CUNY CREST Institute successfully completed three summer programs; 2023 CUNY CREST HIRES & Summer Bridge and CUNY City College of Technology National Science Foundation (NSF) Undergraduate Research Program (REU) & NSF IUSE.
It was a fulfilling and engaging summer where over 45 interns (24 HIRES, 5 summer Bridge and 16 REU/IUSE interns) got the opportunity to:
- Develop technical skills in Geographic Information Systems, Remote Sensing, & Python
- Work on research projects that helped them apply skills learned in workshops
- Develop effective public speaking skills by attending workshops hosted by Irondale
- Develop science communication skills to be able to present research and training to scientific and non-scientific audience
- Attend guest lectures, seminars, field trips, & professional development activities
- Learn about various fellowships and opportunities
The summer programs concluded with interns presenting their summer research posters at the Research Symposium hosted by CityTech on August 10, 2023. Here is the video to give you a glimpse into what the summer looked like!