Event Date: September 29th, 2021
Event Time: 5:30PM-8:30PM
Hosted by New York City Brownfield Partnership (NYCBP) and Brownfield Coalition of the Northeast (BCONE)
Proof of vaccination required by the venue. Must follow NYC mask mandates in place at the time of the event.
About the Scholarship Funds
- BCONE’s Charlie Bartsch Brownfield Scholarship Fund: BCONE established a scholarship fund in honor of Charlie Bartsch, a true guru in brownfield remediation and redevelopment. The fund was officially announced at the May 23, 2018, Northeast Sustainable Communities Workshop (NSCW), and continues to support the next generation of brownfield professionals. Learn more here.
- Abbey Duncan Brownfield Scholarship Program: Named in honor of an avid environmentalist, talented dancer, and tireless community supporter, the Abbey Duncan Brownfield Scholarship Program is an annual program designed to provide financial support to undergraduate and graduate students pursuing careers in the brownfield industry in New York City. Learn more here.
Event Date: October 28th, 2021
4:00 PM to 5:00 PM BUSINESS MEETING
5:00 PM to 6:30 PM NETWORKING AND PRESENTATION
Event Location: Virtual Meeting
Hosted by New York City Brownfield Partnership (NYCBP)
Presented by Brownfield Coalition of the Northeast (BCONE) and New York City Brownfield Partnership (NYCBP)
Event date: November 18th, 2021
Event Time: 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Event Details: Part 4 of this ongoing speaker series will feature another robust discussion on the changing development and redevelopment landscape in the Metro NY area
Join us on November 18, 2021, from 4:00-6:00 pm, for an open discussion on geographic and other shifts related to COVID’s impact on brownfield redevelopment. Time available for networking, too.
Topics that may be discussed in the open format:
- What to do with lots of excess office space?
- Real estate pricing: is NYC finally on sale?
- Are they other boroughs, not outer boroughs?
- Death of the Central Business District?
- Dying malls
- Warehouses are red hot