APPLICATION is now OPEN!
Through a grant from the Pinkerton Foundation, HIRES provides an advanced STEM research opportunity to New York City students with little or no access to high quality STEM education experiences. Students from demographic groups traditionally underrepresented in STEM disciplines and careers, including women, students of color and those from low income backgrounds, are strongly encouraged to apply. Please read eligibility requirements thoroughly and if you have any questions feel free to reach out to us to our g-mail account: email@example.com or call to: (212) 650-8099.
Click here to start your application. Deadline for 2018 application is March 31, 2018
READING AND WRITING
You can demonstrate the necessary skill levels in reading and writing by meeting any of these criteria
- SAT Critical Reading score of 480 or higher
- ACT English score of 20 or higher
- N.T. State English Regents score of 75 or higher
Likewise, you can satisfy the mathematical skill requirement if you meet any of these criteria:
- SAT Math score of 500 or higher
- ACT Math score of 21 or higher
N.Y. STATE REGENTS
- Score of 70 or higher in Algebra I (Common Core) AND successful completion of the Algebra 2/Trigonometry or higher-level course
- Score of 80 or higher in either Integrated Algebra, Geometry or Algebra 2/Trigonometry AND successful completion of the Algebra 2/Trigonometry or higher-level course
- Score if 75 or higher in one of the following
- MATH A or MATH B
- Sequential II or Sequential III
- Applications must be New York City residents
- Applicants should be academically strong, highly motivated students
- Applicants with a passion for science, technology, engineering, and math
- Responsible students who have demonstrated: an ability to make and fulfill commitments, timeliness, and persistence
- Students who are currently enrolled in (or have completed) algebra 2/trigonometry or pre-calculus
Eligible applicants for this program must meet all these criteria.
- Student application (personal information and statement of interest)
- High School transcript
- Copy of regents score or PSAT score or SAT score
- Teacher recommendation letter
*Please send these to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All students that complete the entire program will receive a $800 USD stipend and 3 college credits
- Up to 25 placements are available for the summer program
- Click here for CREST HIRES FAQ
Like us on Facebook to follow CREST HIRES events and STEM opportunities in New York City.